Tannic acid is a multidentate capping agent that can be displaced with many thiol containing ligands. As a general rule, tannic acid coated nanoparticles are more stable at high particle concentrations, while citrate capped nanoparticles are more stable in higher ionic strength solutions. Tannic acid capped particles are suspended in water.
The PELCO ® NanoXact and BioPure gold colloids (nanoparticles) are extensively characterized (see Technical Data below) and designed to meet the rigorous research demands in today’s market. They range in size from 5 to 100nm.
The gold colloids come with comprehensive specification sheets that provide all of the physical and optical characterization data necessary to integrate the nanoparticles into Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS), plasmonic and photonic applications.
- Capped/stabilized with tannic acid and negatively charged
- Tannic acid capped gold is characterized by UVVIS, TEM, DLS and zeta potential. Residual reactants have been removed.
- NanoXact gold colloids are available in 25, 100 and 500ml volumes - supplied in water
- BioPure gold colloids are 20X more concentrated than the NanoXact gold colloids and available in 1 and 5ml volumes - supplied in water
- Both gold lines have been extensively washed without centrifugation to remove trace elements from the supernatant (<0.000001% of trace elements)
- PELCO NanoXact also available with 20nm silica shells, zeta potential -25 to -55mV in ethanol and 20nm aminated silica shells, zeta potential +20 to +50mV in ethanol, in 1, 5, 10ml respectively
Stability and Storage
The PELCO® NanoXact and BioPure gold colloids should be stored at 4°C.
- DO NOT FREEZE.
- NanoXact line is stable for >6 months after purchase
- BioPure line (high concentration) is stable for >3 months after purchase
Product testing indicates increased stability can be attained by following the storage recommendations.
30nm Gold Colloid