Ted Pella, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering Department who strives to give the best service and support
possible to both our internal and external customers. This is an excellent opportunity for a positive and self-motivated individual
to join our engineering team and make a difference in our dynamic, growing organization. This position reports to the Engineering
Manager and/or the Research & Development Director.
- Design, construct and test mechanical prototypes and testbeds.
- Create new products from idea, to proof of concept, through to the final, manufacturable product.
- Design, develop, and test all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery.
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc.
- May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Provide Sustaining Engineering support on existing products and instruments.
- Provide support to internal staff in Manufacturing and Customer Service.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Conduct regular technical reviews throughout the product development process.
- Contribute to concept generation for the new product development process.
- Interface with internal and external customers to design new products and support existing products.
- Analyze root cause and corrective action of line yield, field failures, safety, and manufacturing issues.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 5 years of mechanical design engineering experience is required.
- Experience with development of scientific instrumentation as well as smaller items
- CAD / SolidWorks proficiency is required.
- Ability to work in mechanical design within multi-disciplinary projects
- Responsible for configuration management and change control.
- Superior problem diagnosis and solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills collaborating with co-workers and clients
- Excellent and innate mechanical design aptitude
- Results-oriented self-starting nature, with a demonstrated track record of success
- A passion for delivering engineering excellence
- Solid experience with a recent version of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must submit to and pass a drug test and background check
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with current authorization to work in the U.S.
A broad range of product development experience is preferred with sound expertise in one or more areas:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials science
- Experience in product and process engineering support
- Vacuum technology experience is preferred.
- Understanding of Design Qualification (DQ) and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) process.
- Low and high-volume manufacturing environments
- Control systems and automation
- Interfaces to electrical and software components and controls
- Control systems and automation.
Monday through Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm and/or as needed.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position includes Medical, Dental Insurance, and Life/AD&D Insurance, a 401(k) plan,
paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
To apply please send your resume to: email@example.com