This is the next generation, NIST and NPL (NIST counterpart in the U.K.) Traceable, Magnification Reference Standard &
Stage Micrometer. For Instrument Calibration from 1,500x 1,000,000x (80nm min. pitch).
- Electron Microscopy: SEM (secondary & backscattered electrons),
TEM (for use with a bulk holder- the MRS-5 is conveniently sized at 2 x 2 x 0.5mm.
- Scanning Microscopies and Profilometry: STM, AFM, stylus and optical, etc. The pattern height is 0.1µm.
- Optical Microscopy: reflected, bright/dark field, differential contrast,
- Chemical Mapping: EDS, WDS, micro/macro XRF, XPS, Auger & others.
The pattern is fabricated using 100nm tungsten film over a thin SiO2 film over a silicon substrate.
- Resolution Testing: With a series of 2 bar targets (similar to the USAF
1953 patterns) ranging in size from 80nm to 3µm.
- Linearity Testing: With a 1µm2 pitch over 40 x 40µm.
- A Standard Ahead of Its Time: The MRS-5 represents a challenging
next step. The nanotechnology sized patterns will be a good test of your imaging systems.
- Advanced optical microscopes now have submicrometer test patterns to measure resolution and linearity.
- Scanning electron microscopes have a pattern that will show significant differences between backscattered
and secondary electron type I and type II images. Imaging the pattern will also tax their low accelerating voltage capabilities.
- Scanning probe microscopes have a pattern that is closely sized to the finest cantilever tips challenging
their resolution ability.
Introducing the MRS-5, the next level in a series of magnification calibration standards (the MRS-1, MRS-3 and MRS-4 are currently available). The MRS series of calibration standards are highly accepted pitch standards, with well over 1,000 being used in laboratories around the world including national laboratories in the US, UK and Germany. Industrial customers include Intel, AMD, and IBM. The MRS-5 is offered as a certified reference material (a traceable standard) or, optionally, without traceability. Also offered is a cleaning service and a recertification program, as required by international quality standards such as ISO, QS-9000 and ISO-17025.