Si-chips are opaque, of low electrical resistance and have surface properties equal to glass (including smoothness).
They are also good substrates for growing or mounting cells. Si-chips are precleaned before packaging. Also ideal for
imaging small particles due to low background signal.
Availability: 4" wafer (#16010) is
precut into 5 x 7mmm, 5 x 5mm or 10 x 10mm chips that can be easily separated in the laboratory.
- 4" wafer precut into 5 x 7mm chips approximately 187 chips/wafer.
- 4" wafer precut into 5 x 5mm chips approximately 270 chips/wafer.
- 4" wafer precut into 10 x 10mm chips approximately 55 chips/wafer.
- Orientation: <100>
- Resistance: 1-30 Ohms
- Type: P (Boron) (1 primary flat)
- No SiO2 top coating
- Wafer thickness: 18-21 mil (460-530µm)
- Wafer is polished on one side
- Roughness: 2nm
- Before dicing they are rinsed in de-ionized water for cleaning
courtesy K.R. Peters
Peters, K.R., 1985. Working at higher magnifications in scanning electron microscopy with secondary and backscattered electrons
on metal coated biological specimens and imaging macromolecular cell membrane structures. Scanning Electron Microscopy,
Apkarian, R.P., High-resolution signal detection of specimen-specific secondary electrons in an analytical SEM,
"Proc.. 44th Ann. Meeting of the EMSA", 1986, G.W. Bailey, Ed., San Francisco Press, 658
||Order / Quote
||4" (10cm) dia., 5 x 7mm diced Silicon Wafer, 187 chips/wafer,
||4" (10cm) dia., 5 x 5mm diced Silicon Wafer, 270 chips/wafer
||4" (10cm) dia., 10 x 10mm diced Silicon Wafer, 55 chips/wafer